Best Barns Lakewood 12 x 18 Shed Kit
Customize to your needs and unique style
The Sentry Buildings Lakewood 12ft. x 18ft. shed kit provides a large amount of space for storage of your lawn and garden items or use as a workshop. Featuring a large loft with room enough for storage or additional work area. For customers wanting a cabin the Lakewood is an excellent choice to make into a rustic retreat.
DIY kits from Sentry Buildings are designed for the customer who wishes to build to their individual needs. By building the kit yourself you save the cost of labor associated with hiring a contractor.
Windows and doors for the first floor are not included. This allows you to purchase the quantity, size and type that best suits your needs. During construction the customer will rough-in openings prior to installing the siding in the location of their choosing. By not limiting you to absolute location and type of windows and doors you may design and build the kit as you see fit.
The loft is open to the first floor with a large 8ft. wide x 6ft. deep opening. This gives a warm and expansive feel to the interior of the shed kit. View images below.
Sold in home centers in the US and Japan Reynolds Building Systems, Inc. has been producing quality building kits for 30 years. Shedtownusa passes on additional savings to you because they work with a local home center nearest you providing material to finish your new storage shed for professional results."
- Expansive second floor loft area
- 6-ft. 1-in. of headroom
- Inlcudes 6 second floor windows
Customize to suit you needs:
- Add first floor doors and windows to make a unique and versatile building
Sturdy-Built Truss System:
- 40 lbs snow load / 170 mph wind load
- Siding - 3/8" L. P. (Louisiana Pacific) Smartside Ext. Paneling w/50 year limited warranty
Once you receive your new building begin by unpacking the pre-cut framing, windows and hardware. You will also receive a detailed manual with step by step instructions. Each step is explained with clear instructions and detailed line art and has been developed with the novice builder in mind.
Below are principle assembly steps for the 12ft. x 18ft. Lakewood shed kit. Rough-in openings for windows and doors on first floor are determined by the homeowner during construction.
Frame walls and apply siding
Paint. Set loft floor joists
Layout sheathing. Set dormers and gables
Finish dormers and gables. Set trusses
The Lakewood can have doors and windows in the first of the type and location you desire. Here is another image of a model with added on porch and alternate door placement.
Lakewood interior images
The Lakewood comes with 6 insulated windows ready to install in the loft area of building. 2 windows are installed in each dormer and 1 window in each gable end.
Homeowner designs interior access to loft and first floor entryways and types of windows to suit their needs.
Interior view of loft from first floor
*Ladder and railing by homeowner
Interior view of first floor from loft
*Railing not sold with shed. First floor by homeowner
Interior view of loft from gable window
*Ladder and railing not sold with shed
Interior view from under loft
*Ladder not sold with shed. First floor windows and patio door by homeowner
- Primed 3/8" wood siding, with vertical grooves, creates an attractive plank look.
- Smart Panel, manufactured by Lousiana-Pacific, creates the visual beauty of real wood with the strength and durability of an engineered product.
- The siding is made from wood strands, pressed into a resin saturated substrate, superior to plywood. A cedar texture is embossed into the substrate, free from knot holes and patches. Other features include:
- Primed, ready for paint color of your choice. Latex acrylic paint recommended.
- Treated with Composibor (from U.S. Borax) prevents fungal decay and insect damage.
- Backed with a 50 year limited warranty.
The Lakewood has a loft area which provides 6'-1" of headroom a center. The 2x6 floor joists are spaced 16" on center and sheathed with 5/8" plywood. The 12ft. x 18ft. Lakewood has 12ft. x 10ft. of loft area. Open to the first floor you'll find plenty of room for storage or sleeping area. 6 insulated windows are included for installation in the loft area providing for light and ventilation. 2 windows will be installed on each dormer and 1 on each gable end.
Optional Wood Floor
Write Your Own Review